The FDPIC shall open an investigation into a federal body or a private person ex officio or in response to a report if there are sufficient indications that a data processing activity could violate data protection regulations.
Detailed information can be found in the fact sheet Investigations.
- You can use this form to report a possible violation of data protection regulations if you are not personally affected or wish to remain anonymous.
- Notifications are only possible if the person responsible is a federal body (e.g. federal office or other administrative unit) or a private data controller (e.g. company, association, natural person).
- You cannot file a report with the FDPIC against cantonal or communal bodies.
- If it is necessary to process your report, we will disclose your details to the data controller, e.g. in order to obtain an opinion.
- If you do not want us to disclose your identity, you have the option of filing a report anonymously. We treat an anonymous report, regardless of whether you yourself are affected by the potential violation of data protection or not, as a report from a third party who is not affected. Even without disclosing your identity, it is not possible to exclude the possibility of drawing conclusions about you in individual cases on the basis of the facts alone.
- In order for us to be able to quickly and effectively check whether a violation of data protection regulations has occurred, it is useful if you provide us with evidence. For this purpose, you have the option below of uploading enclosures. Please note that we will forward these enclosures or evidence to the data controller if necessary. Therefore, please refrain from enclosures that contain information about you or third parties or allow conclusions to be drawn about you or third parties that may not be disclosed to the data controller. Furthermore, we ask you to make personal data of third parties unidentifiable, insofar as this is not necessary for the processing of your report.